American expat in Xiamen shares views on global anti-virus fight
Dr. William N. Brown is a business professor at southern China's Xiamen University. He moved to the coastal city with his wife and sons in 1988 and became the first foreigner to obtain permanent residence in Fujian in 1992.
Having lived in Fujian for 32 years, Dr. Brown is often locally referred to as the city's most famous foreigner. He was presented with a Friendship Award by the Chinese government, the highest honor for foreigners living in China, and was also conferred the title of honorary citizen of Fujian
When the epidemic broke out, Brown was in California, and he shared his feelings and reflections on China and the US's response to the epidemic.
Let's watch the video below to hear more of what he has to say about the global anti-virus fight.
- Xiamen, Pakistan join hands to fight coronavirus
- NPC deputy: Promote integration of medicine and disease prevention
- Livestreaming enables people to have chance to taste Fuzhou culture
- Fujian launches projects for industry, society
- Touching China – US professor introduces China to the world