Reminders of stricter COVID-19 measures for the winter/spring season
To all foreign nationals in Fujian:
Festive greetings to you all from the Fujian Provincial Foreign Affairs Office at the start of the new year.
Since Covid-19 struck, Fujian province has all along put the life and health of the people first. Thanks to strong and effective control measures, our hard-won progress continues to consolidate. All this would be impossible without your collaboration and contribution. A thumbs up to you all.
With the pandemic still raging across the world, the recent cluster infections in some parts of the country pose a grave challenge. The winter/spring season is a time for an increase in the number of respiratory outbreaks, and it happens to coincide with Chinese holidays – a time of mass population movements. In order to keep you and your families and friends protected and your living and working environment secured, we have a few reminders:
I. Protect yourself from the virus
* Keep your room well ventilated, disinfected and clean, and wash your hands often.
* Stay distanced in public, and wear a mask in public transport, elevator and other closed public spaces.
* Practice safe eating and drinking habits, and prepare raw and cooked foods separately.
* Prevent fomite transmission.
II. Comply with containment measures
* Inform your community of your travel/residence history in medium and high- risk regions.
* Follow health code check and temperature screening procedures in public places.
* Monitor the health of every family member. If symptoms occur, such as fever, cough, headache, fatigue, or difficulty breathing, please avoid contact with others and seek prompt medical attention at a designated clinic.
III. Step up precautions during holidays
* Reduce non-essential travel to other regions, and avoid trips to medium and high- risk areas.
* Do not host or participate in any large in-person gatherings.
* For essential gatherings such as meetings, rigorous precautionary measures should be put into place to avoid cluster infections.
Stringent precautions are the best way to stop the spread of Covid-19. All foreign nationals in Fujian are subject to the same Covid-19 control measures as they apply to locals. Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated. Please follow the latest government notices on epidemic prevention and control, and check the official websites of the Fujian Provincial Foreign Affairs Office and the Fujian Provincial Health Commission for updates.
We wish you good health and all the best in the new year.